"Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Wargames que estan pegando fuerte e interesan a toda la comunidad de wargameros.

Moderador: Moderadores Wargames

Stratos
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst
STEAM: Jugador

Re: "Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Mensaje por Stratos »

JoBader escribió: 02 Sep 2019, 12:51
Stratos escribió: 02 Sep 2019, 08:57 La falta de MP la veo como un problema gordo.
first I need to establish a stabil game with AI. then later a MP can be added.
for that I need to test with Beta. MP is kind of do all actions twice or again.
that is much easier when the game is tested. I also can skip the MP when game is not succssfull.
in my last (and first) game Tank on Tank, I released with MP. the I found nobody is interested in MP.
and the game was not succssefull.

in SP there was an option for manualy opportunity fire. do you have used it most time, or seldom ?
I will purchase the game, even If only single player mode is added.
-Los pilotos de caza hacen películas.
-Los de ataque hacen historia!

Imagen
JoBader
Conscript - Obergefreiter
STEAM: No Jugador

Mensaje por JoBader »

Stratos escribió: 02 Sep 2019, 14:43
JoBader escribió: 02 Sep 2019, 12:51
Stratos escribió: 02 Sep 2019, 08:57 La falta de MP la veo como un problema gordo.
first I need to establish a stabil game with AI. then later a MP can be added.
for that I need to test with Beta. MP is kind of do all actions twice or again.
that is much easier when the game is tested. I also can skip the MP when game is not succssfull.
in my last (and first) game Tank on Tank, I released with MP. the I found nobody is interested in MP.
and the game was not succssefull.

in SP there was an option for manualy opportunity fire. do you have used it most time, or seldom ?
I will purchase the game, even If only single player mode is added.
you swear ? :aplauso:
well joke, I appreciate. and I also appreciate when you tell me you like to have MP.

see that is my always problem, I answere as mutch as I can but, when I have a question I close to never get an answere :bang:
in Steel Panthers there was an option for manualy opportunity fire. do you have used it most time, or seldom ?
because now in Second Front it is automatically

will buy this for better boom. you like it ?
Piteas
Support-PdL
Support-PdL
Contactar:

Mensaje por Piteas »

Good booms!! :palomitas:

I used in SP the option for manuality opportunity fire. It added a plus in my turns. But It isn't a priority.
Imagen ImagenImagen
Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por nomada_squadman45 »

If game is solid and fun with good AI i dont have problem with MP, specially if as you say is based in phases... i really find phases as the main killer in a wargame when you want play MP.

Opportunity fire is interesting IF you have X shoots to use in your turn + enemy turn and not like in Win versions... i prefer decide if use or not shots in my turn or reserve them.

Explosions looks great but is not the motive i am interested in the game... i prefer something more spartan and have more game features-content.

Y el vehiculo del dia... a este le tengo especial cariño por "La batalla de las Ardenas" y por los escenarios en los que salia en el SP... era una gozada llegar en la campaña del Pacifico y cambiar tus Stuart por ellos.

Imagen

PD: if you are looking for rout animations...

Imagen

Or you could use a french flag, as you prefer :mrgreen:
"Non vi sed arte, No por la fuerza sino por la astucia", LRDG
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Hoy toca hablar de color... eso que las mujeres dicen que existe entre el rojo y el naranja y que llaman color "teja" :mrgreen:

Por lo visto se podra cambiar el color de los vehiculos en el juego sin tener que cargar texturas desde fuera del mismo, alguien ya ha preguntado si se podra hacer peloton a peloton (o tanque tanque) lo cual seria algo muuuuuuuy interesante para poder darle mas personalidad al juego... si ademas se añadiesen detalles decorativos como numeros y similares... imaginaros tener una compañia de Tigres cada cual con su numero individual y su color personal-de peloton :babas:

Y hablando de Tigres y colores...

Imagen

Imagen

A mi personalmente me encanta el nivel de detalle, no son 100% "redondos" en algunos puntos PERO desde luego no es lo que uno se espera encontrar en un juego cartoon.
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
CM
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CM »

¿Está representado gráficamente las ayudas en el desarrollo de la partida? Es decir, la orientación de unidades, unidad movida, unidad disparada, unidad desmoralizada, etc. Doy por hecho que sí, ¿pero hasta qué grado?
Imagen
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

CM escribió: 04 Sep 2019, 13:24 ¿Está representado gráficamente las ayudas en el desarrollo de la partida? Es decir, la orientación de unidades, unidad movida, unidad disparada, unidad desmoralizada, etc. Doy por hecho que sí, ¿pero hasta qué grado?
there are three representations of the units
as 3d model, as flag and as counter. counter are at the top left in the corner or at the bottom right.
flags show with exclamation marks if the one is broken. the bar under the flag shows green : neither fired nor moved. yellow moved or pinned. and red fired. on the counters you can see all values.

there are three phases in which the player is active.
1. 'move and fire'. if you have fired, you can't move anymore.
2. 'advance'. only the infantry can advance a field and also into the enemy.
3. fire. After the 'movement and fire' phase of the enemy.
here can fire anything that has not undertaken an opportunity fire.

between each of these three phases there are common phases
1. recovery phase. all units of both players can recover and repair.
2. escape phase . all units of both players run away.
3. melee phase. all melee battles will be executed.

all these phases and which one is carried out straight one sees above right in the picture.
the phases of the players are shown in the nations colours, the common passive phases in black.

questions ?
CM
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CM »

Una voz interior me dice que estás haciendo un juego muy bueno. Si pones empeño en el combate (la esencia de todo juego táctico) haces un juego redondo.
Imagen
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

CM escribió: 04 Sep 2019, 19:58 Una voz interior me dice que estás haciendo un juego muy bueno. Si pones empeño en el combate (la esencia de todo juego táctico) haces un juego redondo.
thanks. :D
it is more than 65k lines of code. and most of that is about the gameplay and not for the visualization.
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Ummm game only has phases as gameplay option or is possible play with classic IGOUGO turns??? something more simply to prevent play a turn become to long (i think this as a PBEM option, instead phases have all in one phase).

Something i am curious to know is if units are individual units or they are part of an OOB structure... i refer if you have 5 tanks or you have 1 platoon that is part of a company, this could create a tree where vehicle commander rally, if fails platoon commander, company and main HQ commander try do it.

Oooo and whats the way to decide the size of a vehicle as target for enemy AT weapons???? T-26 its a bigger target than Pz-35 and bot where the same kind of tank, maybe vehicle mobility???

I prefer gameplay over graphics... of course good graphics help a better gameplay :P

Y ahora el tanque del dia, un clasico entre los clasicos y ademas veterano por estas tierras :army:

Imagen

Y mas del garage, cada vez mas afinado

Imagen

PD: is any link to the Steam game web??? thanks.
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 04 Sep 2019, 23:29 Ummm game only has phases as gameplay option or is possible play with classic IGOUGO turns??? something more simply to prevent play a turn become to long (i think this as a PBEM option, instead phases have all in one phase).

Something i am curious to know is if units are individual units or they are part of an OOB structure... i refer if you have 5 tanks or you have 1 platoon that is part of a company, this could create a tree where vehicle commander rally, if fails platoon commander, company and main HQ commander try do it.

Oooo and whats the way to decide the size of a vehicle as target for enemy AT weapons???? T-26 its a bigger target than Pz-35 and bot where the same kind of tank, maybe vehicle mobility???

I prefer gameplay over graphics... of course good graphics help a better gameplay :P
no that can not be changed.
the phases are very important for game play. they give the broken infantry time to escape
before the enemy can advane into their hex. you can not simply kill enemy infantry. they most time they will break and run away
before you advance into closecombat with them.

Your infantry can advance one hex without opportunity fire in the advance phase into enemy infantry.
(when advancing into a armored enemy vehicle the need to check their tougness altered by a competent officer in same hex.
when you do it wrong it is possible the officer is alone with the tank. while the infantry is pinned in the hex they started)
after the Advance the close combat is resolved. it can last more than one turn. while bound in close comabt infantry can not do anything.
Vehicle can move out of that hex.

no, in that chaos we not have a subordination tree. we have stressed officers which try to rally their troops.

the target size is a compilation of the hight, the speed and other things. Stugs tend to be small because the are flat targets. Shermans are big etc.
The type has no direct influence on that.
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Thanks for the reply.

Well, phases help made things "better" for example help infantry survive more and avoid be target for enemy tanks but limits a lot PBEM when no kill it.

I like infantry+phases model help infantry be usefull in combat... because infantry can do things and specially infantry can survive after do that things :mrgreen:

Lack of OOB for me is not a problem, i think officers model is good enough because you need do a good use of them... ummm in vehicles we are going to see officers to??? something like in other games where you can have a "hero" in a tank and you have special tank VS tanks with no hero????, i refer abilities and bonus to spot-hit-rally.

I see, then target size is a combo of all things that made a vehicle hard to detect-hit, i like the idea, many times only size is in consideration and avoid things like the nasty Stugs using a mushroom to hide from enemy :army:

Y volviendo al informe diario...

Hoy tocan AAA, en concreto uno no muy conocido, mas que nada porque su hermano pequeño le comio la tostada montando el mitico flakvierling 38, aun asi el juego aporta un detalle muy bueno y es que el vehiculo tiene dos modos, con pantallas protectoras arriba y con pantallas protectoras bajadas. Como ciertas armas necesitan que las escotillas esten abiertas para poder usadas imagino que aqui pasara lo mismo, lo cual añade un punto muy bueno al juego... exponer la tripulacion para funcionar o estar sin poder usar el arma??? al menos contra blancos terrestres.

Imagen

Otra imagen del garage el cual cada vez tiene mejor pinta aunque el pobre PzIII H con el L42 lo va a pasar muy mal contra el T-34 y eso que aun es el modelo inicial y esta corto de pontencia de fuego.... a ver si el humo ayuda al pequeño gran guerrero.

Imagen
joselillo
Colaborador-PdL
Colaborador-PdL

Mensaje por joselillo »

:aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso:
ImagenImagen
Imagen
Patxi
Support-PdL
Support-PdL

Mensaje por Patxi »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 05 Sep 2019, 20:39
Hoy tocan AAA, en concreto uno no muy conocido, mas que nada porque su hermano pequeño le comio la tostada montando el mitico flakvierling 38, aun asi el juego aporta un detalle muy bueno y es que el vehiculo tiene dos modos, con pantallas protectoras arriba y con pantallas protectoras bajadas. Como ciertas armas necesitan que las escotillas esten abiertas para poder usadas imagino que aqui pasara lo mismo, lo cual añade un punto muy bueno al juego... exponer la tripulacion para funcionar o estar sin poder usar el arma??? al menos contra blancos terrestres.

Estos detalles son los que me hacen tilin. Pienso que tienes un diamante entre las manos. Animo con esa programación.....
Imagen
Imagen
http://www.aitordelgado.com/
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Bueno, primer video del juego en movimiento en plan serio, mostrando lo que puede ofrecer a estas alturas.

Se trata de un enfrentamiento entre infanteria a lo "Pavlov house" y la verdad aunque sigo sin ser un fan de las fases y los juegos tacticos que no usan nº de soldados para las escuadras reconozco que ambas cosas encajan muy bien en el juego para simular el combate de infanteria al menos, me parece dinamico, lleno de incertidumbre y con mucho toma y daca disparando, asaltando y recuperando tropas.

Como gran sorpresa decir que el movimiento de las unidades me ha simplemente enamorado por dos cosas, la primera el poder mover todas las unidades de un mismo hexagono a la vez si asi se desea y la segunda porque no hace falta esperar a que una unidad se mueva para poder mover otras unidades, ambas caracteristicas si comparamos con lo que ofrecen los SP son un avance muuuuuuy grande a la hora de acelerar el siempre "tedioso" movimiento de tropas.

Tambien me ha gustado mucho el poder gestionar como ver los edificios con los 3 niveles de transparencia, una manera elegante de poder decidir como quieres que influyan visualmente en tu partida.

Como punto negativo importante pondria los mensajes emergentes por saturar la pantalla y hacer que la informacion se pierdan en un sunami de pop-ups sin que realmente te des cuenta de que narices ha pasado, cuando en un hexagono hay muchas unidades apiladas es un poco cristo saber que quien y porque.

A titulo mas personal en cuanto a gustos mios el sonido deberia ser menos machacon y las flechas de movimiento dentro de edificios mas bien 2D para hacerlas menos protagonistas a la hora de mover unidades dentro de edificios

Por lo demas me ha gustado y sorprendido mucho el juego para no ser ni alpha aun, en la parte de combate de infanteria el sistema parece funcionar muy bien.

Esperando ver uno de combate AT y mas tarde armas combinadas :babas:
Responder