TOW

Wargames que estan pegando fuerte e interesan a toda la comunidad de wargameros.

Moderador: Moderadores Wargames

Alplenator
Regular - Oberfeldwebel
Regular - Oberfeldwebel
STEAM: Jugador

Mensaje por Alplenator »

Ok, gracias PV. Es que estaba en el trabajo y cuando empeze a mirarlo empezo uno de los jefes a tocar la mandanga, y no tuve tiempo de más.

Un saludo :D
polikarpov
Conscript - Gefreiter
Conscript - Gefreiter

Mensaje por polikarpov »

Las caracteristicas que conlleva el megaparche a venir(en inglés)

New components

Map Editor (Builder) with expanded functionality including landscape editing, roads and terrain type mapping capabilities;
Mission Editor (updated with multiplayer missions editing capability and new triggers).
New campaigns

Battle for Moscow (first released with 1.3.0.56 patch, newly updated);
Battle for Normandy (battles fought by German Panzer Division “Panzer Lehr”).
Multiplayer Enhancements

11 new MP missions;
11 new MP maps;
New mission type – Assault/Defend;
Timed missions;
Multiplayer game may include AIs;
Multiplayer game may be played by one player with up to 7 AIs;
In some missions player’s alliance determines their starting positions;
Player now must choose an army instead of country in multiplayer; each mission may have up
to 20 different armies;
AIs choose offensive or defensive behavior themselves;
Player spawn indicator added to map in mission setup;
MP stability improved;
Load times for MP missions reduced;
Smooth unit movement on client side;
Known multiplayer bugs fixed.

General changes

1. Visibility system redone: bushes, tree foliage and tree trunks now fully block line of sight. These obstacles do not count in very close proximity to units (“Forest ignore distance”), making hiding behind them possible;
2. LOS indicator added – color coding of the line which is drawn when player issues one of the attack orders. Solid green part of the line represent “Forest ignore distance” where foliage is ignored, red part represent zone with good visibility (it’s brightness may vary indicating quality of LOS) and black part shows area which selected unit can not see;
3. Difficulty levels changed: enemies suffer from reduced accuracy and penetration values on easy level, are equal to player units on medium difficulty level and have slightly higher accuracy on hard level;
4. Many missions were rebalanced to account for the new visibility system;
5. Reloading bug fixed, now infantry doesn’t kneel for reloading;
6. Coaxial MG fire error fixed (after main gun breakage);
7. Bug causing indestructible coaxial MGs fixed;
8. Aiming at moving target changed;
9. Detonation time calculations for shells with base fuses changed;
10. Secondary damage calculations (internal armor fragmentation, HEAT pressure wave, etc.) are now more accurate;
11. Errors in unit properties fixed;
12. Daimler Mk I size reduced, crew animations redone;
13. IS-2 crew consists of 4 men instead of 5;
14. Damage calculations changed for tank commander cupolas;
15. Ordinary steel instead of armored steel now used for unarmored vehicles like automobiles and for some auxiliary tank parts;
16. Artillery guns damage model corrected;
17. Damage model for additional armor sheets and auxiliary parts changed;
18. Errors in infantry backpacks fixed;
19. DShK machinegun model corrected;
20. Ignited vehicles now burn longer;
21. Aiming accuracy dependence on skills corrected;
22. Bug which could cause disappearing of units during campaign fixed;
23. Infantry behavior in trenches corrected;
24. Air units behavior has been improved;
25. AI units now better at aiming at different spots on vehicles;
26. Error when tanks could possibly crush friendly troops fixed;
27. Wrong behavior of Wz.34 armored car fixed (it no longer can crush trees);
28. More sounds added;
29. Unit behavior in Guard state improved;
30. Weather conditions and trenches affect visibility

In addition to all of the items above, this patch includes all the fixes from the original "Battle for
Moscow Patch" which includes the following:

1. Many new hotkeys added for formations, Hold Fire and Hold Position commands;
2. Tank and SPG AI improved;
3. Units no longer stop when they receive a new order;
4. Waypoints added for units (hold 'shift' key when issuing movement orders to place waypoints);
5. Expanded sound system (hear sounds further away and louder in some cases) including Improved Sounds;
6. Improvements to the gun towing process implemented;
7. Better handling of the Reverse command for vehicles. Tanks and halftracks now automatically use reverse while moving back for short distances;
8. Game speed acceleration/deceleration feature added (accessed via the "Change time speed" hotkey currently);
9. AI much better at deciding at which unit part of vehicle to aim at;
10. Quick Saves error fixed;
11. Tow setup now automatically detects best settings for user hardware;
12. Minor errors with crew animations fixed;
13. Improved logging functions to help with determining the causes of certain crashes;
14. General performance and stability improved;
15. Numerous other gameplay fixes

Como nota de interés
el comentario entusiasta de uno de los testers del editor nuevo de mapas:

This is a long post. In proportion with my enthusiasm with the Builder.

Last week I received an e-mail from MadMatt inviting me to take a look at the new builder that is included in the upcoming patch. I have been away from TOW for a while but the idea of the builder has already got me excited the first time I heard about it from my friend SlapHappy. Being able to check it out in its beta form before release was really cool. It was hard to control my anxiety while it was being downloaded!

At this point most have already checked out the video showing some of the features/tools that are found in the Builder. If you haven’t, get it now! You’ll be amazed.

I was planning to post some screens of a portion of a map I planned to make with it but I had an issue with the rotation in the Builder that I only managed to solve yesterday - remember this is still a beta version I tested. I do plan on posting some images and possibly a video soon, as time permits. We’ll see.

Now, my first impressions are this, after playing with it for a few days:

This is a very powerful tool. Extremely powerful. A designers dream come true really. I never expected it to be that thorough. A lot of control and subtleties and detail put into it. Now I understand why the landscape looks so good in TOW. You can say it is a game in itself. It is a full program. To be only used in TOW but still complete and thorough.

Want to play a scene from Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, or any other film about WWII? Now you can reproduce those maps here.

I was already a big fan of the tools that came with TOW, the mission editor ( I did some video tutorials for it ), and later the map editor. Now with this builder the package is complete.
You have features of Photoshop and 3DsMax/Maya in one single program. Only customized for TOW. You don’t have to learn a complex and expensive 3D software to make a map for TOW, like with so many other games.

I think the release of this Builder is somehow unprecedented. I have been involved with game MODing/editing on and off for quite some time. Even games that are from the start planned to be MODed don’t release tools like this. They leave this responsibility to the community. The most recent exemple I can remember is rFactor, the racing sim. There are some tools to make a track for it but made by members of the community and mind you, they charge for it! And, rightly so. But this only makes the release of this patch and Builder even more extraordinary. Months and months after the release of TOW and we keep getting fixes, new features and now this Christmas present!!!

Keep in mind though that it takes some skill and patience to use it. Easy to play, difficult to master. You read this a lot in game reviews. This is probably the case here. You can make something that resembles the surface of an alien planet easily and it is tempting to do so as you are using it the first few times. To do something more like what is in the game though takes more patience and practice. Still all the tools are there. The map will be as good as it’s designer’s ability permits. And there are a lot of very talented people in the community.
Besides, it’s YOUR map and now you can do ANYTHING with it!

http://files.filefront.com/Theatre+of+W ... einfo.html
perseo
Conscript - Gefreiter
Conscript - Gefreiter
STEAM: No Jugador

Mensaje por perseo »

Por los videos que he visto el editor es muy parecido al que sacaron con el medieval total war, que era un pasote, y este todavia parece mas completo, asi que se podran hacer mapas muy complejos y nos dara muchas horas de vicio sano..

Nose aparte de todo lo que apuntan que va a llevar el parche a mi me falta alguna opcion mas para las unidades, nose si algo llevara y me lo he saltado pero creo que no estaria mal diversificar un poco las ordenes, sobre todo de la infanteria. Aparte de darle un toque mas profundo al tema de los mandos, no noto una gran diferencia de comportamiento estando la tropa cerca de un mando o no.

En fin parece que lo que van sacando promete bastante

Saludos
CM
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CM »

megaparche ruso disponible: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... en&ie=UTF8
lo estoy bajando para ver que puedo hacer...
perseo
Conscript - Gefreiter
Conscript - Gefreiter

Mensaje por perseo »

No hay forma de que me carge ni este enlace ni la pagina original rusa tienen que estar sobrecargados de descargas digo yo.

Saludos
CM
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CM »

cierto, cuesta mucho que cargue, o simplemente no carga.
de todas formas, no vale para nada el ejecutable ruso, solo vale para la version rusa (ya lo he comprobado)

a esperar toca... :sleep:
Ergion
Conscript - Gefreiter
Conscript - Gefreiter

Mensaje por Ergion »

Nuevo vídeo con el modo escaramuza implementado:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TTh8r0fKk_w
PV
Regular - Unteroffizier
Regular - Unteroffizier

Mensaje por PV »

Imagen
CM
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CM »

PV, tu que te mueves por sitios mega-secretos, ¿podrias responderme a estas preguntas?
-¿se puede implementar el sistema de turnos a TOW? alguien que conozco me ha dicho que seria posible :? (no se mas). yo creo que es mucho trabajo hacer algo asi, de hecho, estas cosas no se hacen con un simple parche.

-en caso de que se baraje una segunda parte de TOW, con diferente escenario, etc. ¿seguiria siendo en tiempo real o pasaria a ser por turnos (por la demanda)?

HILL
Support-PdL
Support-PdL

Mensaje por HILL »

CM,

me has leído el pensamiento. Te habrá pasado como a mí. Alucinas con el editor y con el grafismo, pero no te convence para nada el tiempo real y prefieres los turno. Estoy interesado en que alguien te responda y nos pueda dar noticias al respecto.

La verdad es que tratándose de la misma empresa no se acaba de entender. Hay demanda para un nuevo CM que añada lo que la tecnología permite varios años después pero que no cambie la esencia del juego. Con TOW el tema gráfico ya lo han trabajado, ¿Qué les cuesta hacer un nuevo CM con el nivel gráfico de TOW? ¿Es que no quieren ganar dinero? Es que no lo entiendo. ¿Alguien lo entiende?

:?
History is a set of lies agreed upon
Ergion
Conscript - Gefreiter
Conscript - Gefreiter

Mensaje por Ergion »

Es que no es la misma empresa. Battefront desarrolló los CM pero es 1C la compañía que desarrolla el TOW. Con TOW Battlefront se encarga de publicarlo y en lo referente al desarrollo a lo sumo colabora con 1C en algunas cosillas.
CeltiCid
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por CeltiCid »

Es como Matrix. Ellos ponen el sello, pero en muchos casos, el curro es de otros ;)
Imagen
HILL
Support-PdL
Support-PdL

Mensaje por HILL »

Gracias por la aclaración.

De todas formas, aunque no se trate de la misma empresa, ya tienen una relación y hay demanda y por tanto dinero a ganar si de alguna manera se asocian para crear un juego con el sistema CM y con los gráficos y el editor de misiones de TOW.

Saludos
History is a set of lies agreed upon
PV
Regular - Unteroffizier
Regular - Unteroffizier

Mensaje por PV »

CM escribió:PV, tu que te mueves por sitios mega-secretos, ¿podrias responderme a estas preguntas?
-¿se puede implementar el sistema de turnos a TOW? alguien que conozco me ha dicho que seria posible :? (no se mas). yo creo que es mucho trabajo hacer algo asi, de hecho, estas cosas no se hacen con un simple parche.

-en caso de que se baraje una segunda parte de TOW, con diferente escenario, etc. ¿seguiria siendo en tiempo real o pasaria a ser por turnos (por la demanda)?

Hola CM

Va haber un mod por turnos, pero no va a salir hasta que terminen de parcharlo.

El trabajo que tienen por delante es mucho, hay 2 parches por salir (aparte del que esta anunciado), hay usuarios que entraron como beta testers y mencionan que el esfuerzo y dedicación que están haciendo los rusos por dejar el TOW bien pulido es enorme.

La ventaja que tiene el TOW es que es un sistema mas abierto y permite MODificaciones, he visto como permiten a clanes respetados el acceso a editores de la programación para sacar mod bajo licencia del fabricante para generar mas ventas y tener entretenida a la comunidad.

Veo que el TOW va a ser un clásico de la SGM, pero falta tiempo para que lo terminen de parchar y que la comunidad empiece a trabajar en los mods.

Hay muchas compañías que tienen bien observado el error de BF y buscan tener su propio CMBB.

Ejemplo.

Esta es otra compañía rusa y lo venden a través de Matrix

observa en la similitud contra CMBB

Yo lo compre solo para probarlo y el CMBB es mejor =)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N04vfl67 ... re=related[/youtube]

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen
Rubeus
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst
Ubicación: rodeado de dados, cajas, tableros y fichas de cartón

Mensaje por Rubeus »

:shock:
¡¡Qué pedazo de trabajo de documentación (gráfica) está haciendo PV!!

:shock:

(deberías pedir un sueldo por ello... En serio).

8)

Muchas gracias por tenernos al día de todas las novedades relacionadas con el ToW :wink:
Imagen
Responder